Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ireland Write-up: Part 1

This is the first free time I've had since returning from Dublin where I have not promptly passed out. I did manage to post some new photos, like Katie's 21st and a few of my co-workers and my place of employ. Ireland photos will be up shortly.

First off, Ireland is the most amazingly awesome place I have ever visited. The people there were the kindest I have ever met outside of small towns in the South. And this is in the biggest city, Dublin. I arrived, got a little turned around, but found my hostel and friends rather quickly. We were in a pub within the hour and enjoying very expensive drinks with a new person, Bryan, who was coincidently from back home. He was really really cool, but I don't have a photo of him as of yet. I'm still in the process of stealing everyone's photos from Facebook and captioning them all to be posted online. I had a grand ol' time with my flatmate Katie and a new girl, Alison. Never buy a drink in Temple Bar on Temple Bar. It's crazy expensive. I did end up drinking quite a lot of my cherished Cider. Mmmmm Cider. We went to 3 different bars, but I can only remember the name of the first, Temple Bar, and the last, Porterhouse. I remember the name of the last one because Bryan couldn't. We ended up meeting two Irish guys who were bound for NYC on Wednesday. I danced with one, whose name I never got. He was fun, very flirty. We were actually listening to a one man band, who played dueling banjos. By HIMSELF, and it sounded pretty damn good. We went home after last call, 3 am. We got in so late and after so much drink it was actually fairly difficult to set up my sheets. I ended up sleeping on top of my duvet covered by my sheet and trench coat.
Saturday we got up early, went down to discover my *lovely* breakfast. A cold slightly old roll with watered down OJ and a decent cup of tea. I ate as I knew we had a four hour bus trip a head of us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for the pictures! Looking to read more about your trip