Sunday, July 12, 2009

Canada, land of round bacon.

Last week wasn't bad, actually it was a pretty good week. Work has been winding down for the most part, as the shows start to open next Saturday. Photo dress for one of the shows is actually tonight, though not mine. Thursday night Morgan and I were sociable and went to Karaoke night at the PI. That was actually more fun than I was expecting it to be. We hadn't gone previously because of working late nights those days. Friday was payday and at lunch Liz, Shannon, Morgan and I went out on the lake with Liz's Aunt Mary and Uncle Paul. They gave us a tour of the lake, but I couldn't hear much over the engines, so I can't remember much. It was kinda rushed though, since we only had 45 min out on the boat. It was nice, makes me wanna go and spend a day on Daddy's. :D After work we went to the Otsego for fancy drinks too. After Morgan, Eric, Liz, Sidney (Liz's roommate), Sidney's friend Karl and I went to get pizza at the new pizza place in town. Pizza was enjoyable, we spend a good deal of time after on Liz's porch talking. Morgan and Eric went to a party at Jon's but I stayed in as...

WE WENT TO CANADA THE NEXT DAY, and I drove most of the morning shift. We actually went to the Canada side of Niagara Falls. It's about a 4 hour drive each way, but we managed to make a day trip out of it by starting early and coming home late. It was just the two of us, but it was quite fun. We didn't do any of the pay things, but the views were gorgeous. I got lots of photos. The drive over was really really stormy, but it was beautiful weather at the falls. Morgan and I both had our cameras out, and would hide them when the mist kicked up. Part of why we didn't do any of the pay to do things, they took you into the wet, which would have been bad for cameras. The drive back the weather threatened the whole way, but no rain. We got back late and crashed.

Today was half the beverage trail again and then the Eat and Greet at work. We got to meet all the singers and some of the local people who support the Opera. It was pretty good times. Now I'm going to be a lazy bum in my room.

No comments: